Thursday, May 31, 2012

Recipe Review: Easy Crab Cakes

We tried this crab cakes recipe from Allrecipes and OH MY was it good!!  We followed the recipe almost exactly.  I ended up leaving out the Old Bay seasoning because I didn't have any on hand.  For the actual crabmeat itself I used Trader Joe's canned crabmeat.  No one even suspected that it wasn't fresh!

The best part about this recipe... so quick and easy to make!  I assembled the mixture in the afternoon during nap time, put plastic wrap over it, and stuck it in the fridge.  When we were ready to eat I just formed the patties, dipped them in panko, and stuck them in the pan to cook!

These crab cakes would also be a great dish to make for company if you didn't want to spend hours in the kitchen.  Serve them with a dipping sauce, a yummy salad, and some fresh bread, and you have an entire meal in under 20 minutes!
 
Review: A++ 

(I will definitely be making these delicious and VERY easy crab cakes again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...