This bread dough is delicious!! It is slightly sweet and so soft! The best part of this bread is that it is a no-knead bread! Absolutely no kneading is required! In fact, the only time your hands come in contact with the dough is to transfer it to a bowl to rise! You may want to make a double batch of this!!
Simple Bread Dough Recipe
- 1 tablespoon (1 packet) yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup boiling hot water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Add yeast, sugar, salt, and flour to a food processor fitted with a blade attachment.
- Process on low for 1 minute.
- Slowly add water, then oil.
- Process until dough is no longer sticking to sides, and forms a ball.
- Remove dough, form into ball.
- Place in greased bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap. Place in freezer bag and store in freezer for up to 6 weeks.
If using fresh dough, place into lightly greased loaf pan and punch dough down to fit pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until edges become crisp and golden brown. If using frozen, remove dough from freezer and thaw at room temperature for 4 hours before baking.