Auntie's Not-Cho Ordinary Mexican Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb uncooked chicken, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Triangle Tortilla Chips, 2-3 cups
- 1 cup refried beans, heated
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups monterrey jack cheese, shredded (or any blend of cheeses)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (optional garnish)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (optional garnish)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken mixture is cooking, begin spreading a spoonful of beans onto each individual tortilla chip. (The tortilla chips will form the "crust" of the pizza).
- Arrange the chips with beans to form a large circle on a baking sheet. Continue spreading the beans on chips and placing the chips on cookie sheet until you have a large filled in circle, or crust. (Make sure the chips are close together so the toppings do not leak out).
- Spoon chicken mixture on top of pizza. Sprinkle cheese onto pizza.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven. Top with garnishes (optional). We like to lay all the garnishes out and let everyone choose their own!