Hope everyone had a good 4th of July! We kept cool and busy! Because of the holiday, Fun Friday got here fast! Which means it is almost the weekend... yea!!! Here is what we will be doing today to keep busy:
1. Magic Paint Posters - I picked up a few of these on clearance a few weeks ago at Michael's. They are really fun and easy! All you need is water and something to paint with... the paint is right on the paper, so all your child needs to do is wet their paint brush, swirl it in paint, and paint the picture. We have used a paint brush in the past, but I think we will experiment with cotton balls and Q-tips today!
2. Hula Hoops - My sister just got us a new hula hoop! This should be good for burning extra energy! It is definitely not as easy as it used to be! Today we are going to try to learn how to "jump rope" with a hula hoop.
3. Obstacle Course - This is so fun and versatile because you can use whatever is laying around your house for this! You can set up pillows on the floor to jump over, drape blankets over coffee tables to crawl under, and even use hula hoops to jump through! Have your child perform a series of activities such as:
- Jump over 3 pillows
- Do 1 sommersault
- Crawl through the blanket tunnel
- Jump in the middle of a hula hoop without touching it
- Run and touch the door
- (Repeat entire series 3 times)
What will you be doing today on Fun Friday? We would love to hear your ideas in the comments!