Does anyone else have a little princess at home who must have EVERYTHING "Princess-themed?" My daughter is so obsessed with princesses that whatever color she is wearing on a particular day determines the particular princess she is that day. Today she had on a plain cotton yellow dress and was saying she was Belle! So I had been wanting to make our own play dough for awhile, but my little princess is not a big fan of getting her hands dirty. So after we saw this play dough, I was inspired to "pretty up" the play dough.... and Princess Play Dough was created!!
Last week, I promised you all a full report and recipe... My daughter loved it!! It turned out so soft and very easy to maneuver! She also added tons of cute beads to it and turned it into bracelets and necklaces! It was so simple to make! We will definitely make this again!
Princess Play Dough Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- food coloring (Red: 20 drops, Blue: 5 drops)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- Pink glitter
- Heat water, oil, and food coloring in a medium pan on med low heat.
- Mix flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a separate bowl and add to liquids.
- Continue heating and stir well until mixture forms a ball.
- Let dough cool for 5 minutes.
- Knead well.
- Sprinkle glitter on surface and roll dough in glitter to cover.
- Store in airtight container or ziploc bag.