Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bread Recipe
- 1 tablespoon (1 packet) yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- In a large bowl, mix flour, oats, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, combine yeast, honey, vanilla, butter, and water. Mix until yeast is dissolved. Let sit until mixture begins to foam up.
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and stir. Add chocolate chips. Knead mixture for 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size. (Around 45 minutes)
- Place dough into a greased loaf pan (I use 9x5)
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. (To bake in the Crock Pot, follow these directions, starting at #2)
To Freeze as Baked Bread:
After bread is completely cooled, place in freezer bag and stick in freezer for up to 6 weeks. You can also cut bread into slices, wrap in plastic wrap, and put slices into a freezer bag for serving size frozen portions.
To Thaw Frozen Baked Bread:
Remove bread from freezer the night before you want to use it. For individual slices, remove 1 hour before needed, or remove immediately and microwave for 30 seconds.
To Freeze as Dough:
Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap. Place in freezer bag and store in freezer for up to 6 weeks.
To Bake Previously Frozen Dough:
Remove dough from freezer and thaw at room temperature for 4 hours before baking.