This is the best ever Caesar Salad Dressing recipe for several reasons:
- the ingredients are fresh and healthy,
- you know exactly what ingredients you are eating,
- and it is WAY cheaper to make your own than to purchase store-bought!
I seriously used to eat this on a daily basis when I was pregnant because there are no raw eggs or anchovies in it! It is recommended not to eat raw eggs or fish while you are pregnant, and you don't realize how hard it is to find a salad without those two ingredients until you are really craving it! (Even most of the bagged salads and bottled dressings that you can purchase from the grocery store contain raw egg!)
Anyhow, this is the only caesar salad I really like to eat to this day! We haven't found any others that even compare to this one! Plus there is not a lot of time or prep work that goes into the salad. I have actually done it in like 3 minutes before when I'm really pressed for time! It is great for a side or by itself as an entree. This salad is delicious served with croutons, grilled chicken, and a loaf of fresh bread!
World's Best Caesar Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (I use Grey Poupon)
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a mini food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except lettuce.
- In a large salad bowl, add lettuce. Pour dressing on top and toss to combine.
* Recipe adapted from Source