This morning we were trying to come up with a fun 4th of July activity that we could do at home inexpensively with things we already had in the house. Our watermelon popsicles and pear yogurt pops have been disappearing quickly, and we had some fruit in the refrigerator to use up, so we decided to make these patriotic popsicles!
While it sounded like a great idea at the time, the assembly was a little challenging! The raspberries and blueberries were really messy and they stain very easily, so we ended up pouring each mixture into a glass with a spout and then pouring each mixture in that way. I would definitely recommend a funnel to make this a little less messy. In the end, they turned out good, and we have some fun snacks to eat on the 4th of July (if they last that long)!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries*
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce*
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries*
- Puree raspberries in food processor or blender. Fill each popsicle mold one-third of the way full with raspberry puree.
- Pour applesauce on top of raspberry puree and fill until two-thirds of the way full.
- Puree blueberries in food processor or blender. Pour blueberry puree on top of applesauce and fill until full.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.